Physiotherapy for Osteoarthritis near you
- OA defined as a degenerative, non-inflammatory joint disease characterized by destruction of articular cartilage and formation of new bone at the joint surface and margins.
- It is a condition that affects the joints, causing pain and stiffness. Knee is the one of the most commonly affected joints
- Osteoarthritis knee is called “wear-and-tear” arthritis. It typically comes with aging and results from joints being used over time.
- OA is most common in elderly people and it can be divided into two types.
Primary knee OA is the result of articular cartilage degeneration without any known reason. This is typically thought of as degeneration due to age as well as wear and tear.
Secondary knee OA is the result of articular cartilage degeneration due to an abnormal concentration of force across injury in the knee and subsequent tissue loading, osteoarthritis is caused by easy leakage of proteoglycans through the injury surface by high fluid outflow.
Age group affected
- OA is typically progressive disease that may eventually leads to disability .The rate of progression also varies for each individual
- OA leads to pain and loss of function and it is more common in elderly individual
- It is most common disease of joints world .It is mainly affects people over the age of 45
- Women are more commonly affected than men
- Osteoarthritis is most frequent joint disease with prevalence of 22% to 39% in India.
- Nearly 45% of women over the age of 65 years have symptoms
- Prevalence will continue to increase as life expectancy and obesity rises
Signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
- Affected joints might hurt during walking. Pain is poorly localized and is dull aching in nature
- Knee pain that is gradual in on set and worse with activity
- Patients complaints of early morning stiffness
- Minimal tenderness
- Movement of knee are restricted
- Mild swelling in the knee joints
- Bony spurs
- Crepitus can be elicited
- Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities such as walking or climbing stairs
How Physiotherapy by Neo Physio helps
- Physiotherapy by Neo Physio experts helps to reduce pain, swelling and stiffness of the knee joints
- Physiotherapy will help to improve the knee joint movement and it will make it easier for you to walk, bend, kneel, squat and sit.
- During the starting stage pain can be controlled by cold therapy, Heat therapy, and Hydro therapy
- Neo Physio, physiotherapy for osteoarthritis in Coimbatore only treats you better at your home at your comfort.